Black Clover M – Asta (Clover Academy) Best Build, Skill Pages & Team Composition

Clover Academy is honestly really good for single-target attacks, and he isn't going to fade away anytime soon. Investing in him isn't a bad idea. However, he begins to lose his edge when compared to characters like Charlotte, Noelle, and Charmy, especially when the blue meta starts to become prominent. Charlotte, particularly, emerges as a formidable force since her passive ability silences enemies when part of a full blue team. Around Season 4, AA becomes somewhat overshadowed, but until then, investing in him remains a solid choice due to his insane single-target damage and high DPS Max dupe speed.

Who is Asta?

Asta's character development in "Black Clover" is quite impressive. His backstory reveals that he was abandoned as a baby at a church along with another orphan, Yuno. Despite being magicless in a world where magical prowess defines status, Asta remains undeterred in his ambition to become the Wizard King.

One fascinating aspect of Asta is his unyielding determination. Despite facing constant ridicule and obstacles due to his lack of magic, he never gives up. He compensates for his absence of magical abilities with intense physical training and develops incredible strength.

His anti-magic sword, the Demon-Slayer Sword, plays a crucial role in his journey. It nullifies spells and is capable of cutting through magical defenses, making Asta a significant threat to magical opponents.

Throughout the series, Asta forms strong bonds with other characters, especially his comrades in the Black Bulls, a group of misfit mages within the Clover Kingdom. His friendships and unwavering resolve inspire those around him, earning him both respect and admiration.

Asta's growth as a character isn't just about physical prowess but also about understanding the true meaning of strength, friendship, and perseverance. His journey to become the Wizard King is not just about power but about the values he upholds and the people he strives to protect.

"Black Clover" showcases Asta's evolution from an underprivileged boy with big dreams to a powerful and respected figure, proving that determination and hard work can overcome any obstacle. His story is a thrilling ride full of action, emotion, and meaningful life lessons

Asta's Role

AttributeClass
PowerAttacker

Specialized as a high-damage, single-target attacker, Academy Asta focuses solely on physical attacks with a skill set entirely dedicated to single-target assault.

Furthermore, in line with the original setting, Asta's stats are at zero magic, resulting in all skills being configured with an attack power dependency and multiplier.

His Ultimate Skill, Skill I, has the potential to execute three attacks if it experiences an upward swing, thereby demonstrating formidable attacking prowess against bosses.

There is a higher priority placed on acquiring unique passive skills. Upon reaching LR, a unique passive is unlocked that enables Asta to gain up to three attack power buffs at the beginning of each turn, further elevating his attacking abilities.

While it is influenced by other characters in your possession, it is advisable to expedite training Asta to LR as soon as possible.

Recommended Skill Pages

Academy Asta is a physical attacker with 0 magic power, so skill pages that can buff his attack power are given a particularly high priority.

Additionally, we suggest equipping Asta with speed buffs to ensure better maneuverability ahead of enemies, thereby increasing his overall survival rate.

His best-in-slot is the one that increases crit damage. The page also enhances mobility by 10%, making it incredibly potent. While multiple copies might be useful for raids or advanced battles, focusing on the crit damage page should suffice for most scenarios.

Skill PageReason for recommendation

Bancho visit
・Motif skill page
・Skill II buff strengthened from Lv.1 to Lv.2, 20% → 30%
・Maximum firepower increased by increasing crit damage

respect for beliefs
・Increases damage when HP is 50% or more
・Ideal for laps where stable capture is possible

lion's spirit
- Total attack power increases according to remaining HP
- Ideal for laps where stable capture is possible

breath of darkness
・Unconditionally increases all attack power
・General-purpose page that can be used by other attackers

Recommended Equipment Sets

Equipment SetSet Effect

Relic of an ancient wizard
[2 sets]
[Attack power increased by 220]
[Magic power increased by 220]
[4 sets]
[Damage dealt increased by 10%]

Nightmare called by demons
[2 sets]
If your health is over 70%, you will receive a buff that increases your critical rate by 10%.
[4 sets]
If your attack is not a critical attack, you will receive a buff that increases your critical rate by 10% for 2 turns. acquisition

ominous equipment
[2 sets]
[Attack power increased by 7%]
[Magic power increased by 7%]
[4 sets]
[Damage dealt increased by 15%]

aristocratic heritage
[2 sets]
[Increase in interest rate by 5%]
[4 sets]
[Increase in interest rate by 10%]

Base and Maximum Stats

StatsEarly (SSR)Maximum (LR)
ATK1,26717,839
MATK00
DEF2244,207
HP3,24040,500
ACC210210
DMG RES201201
CRIT DMG50,00%50.00%
CRIT RES0,00%0.00%
SPD99109
PEN106106
ENDURANCE5757

Skills and Passives

AA operates as a full attack unit, focusing on single-target damage. His special skill grants him an extra turn if he attacks someone above 80% HP. Against bosses, his ultimate deals an extra 30% damage, amplifying his already high single-target damage. His second skill increases his attack for that skill alone by 52-55% at level two, and he also has an 80% chance to boost his mobility by 30%. His first skill provides a chance at an extra attack by 70% if there's a buff present, also granting a 2% increased damage dealt each time you use it, up to 10%.

In terms of upgrade order, the ultimate skill is the best to enhance, followed closely by the second skill, which, due to its increased attack, almost matches the ultimate in damage output. The first skill follows after, but there isn't anything that makes it more important than the others. Combining these skills removes barriers, a valuable trait, especially considering the upcoming arrival of Season 2's Noel. Maximizing the combo's strength is also advisable.

AA's LR passive gradually boosts his attack, starting weak but significantly improving by the third turn. At maximum dupe, he gains one turn of status ailment immunity, blocking stuns, and attains six extra speed. Among the three seasonals, fully dupeing AA makes him the most potent, making it a worthwhile investment.

Skill I: Cross slash

Swings down the Demon Sword and Sakuto together to deal damage to one enemy.
・If you have a [buff] applied to you, there is a 50% chance that
you will receive an "additional attack" or [2% increase in damage dealt] buff that deals damage equal to 70% of your attack power (up to 5 times).

Lv.2Skill attack power +5%
Lv.3Skill attack power +5%
Lv.4Skill attack power +5%
Lv.5Skill attack power +5%

Skill II: Ranbu

Deals damage to one enemy by slashing with the sword and bamboo sword.
・Attack after you acquire the [Lv.1 Attack Power Increase] buff
. ・80% chance to acquire [Action Power 20% Increase Buff]

Lv.2Skill attack power +10%
Lv.3Skill attack power +10%
Lv.4Skill attack power +10%
Lv.5Skill attack power +10%

Motif skill page

iconEnhancement skill details
Deals damage to one enemy by slashing with the sword and bamboo sword.

・Attack after you acquire the [Lv2.Attack power increase] buff.
・80% chance to acquire the [Action power 30% increase] buff.

Special move: Assault acceleration

Deals damage to one enemy with a powerful attack using two swords.
・If you attack an enemy whose health is 80% or more, you will receive an [extra turn]. ・
If you attack a boss type enemy, you will attack after you have acquired the ``30% increase in damage dealt'' buff.

Lv.2Skill attack power +20%
Lv.3Skill attack power +20%
Lv.4Skill attack power +20%
Lv.5Skill attack power +20%

Combined Attack

Work together with your partner to damage one enemy.
・Attack after removing the enemy's [barrier]

Lv.2Skill attack power +10%
Lv.3Skill attack power +10%
Lv.4Skill attack power +10%
Lv.5Skill attack power +10%

Unique Passive

At the start of the turn, grants a buff that increases attack power by 4% (up to 3 times, cannot be removed)

Enhanced Passive

[2 convex]
At the start of WAVE, [Attack power increased by 12%] for 2 turns.

[5 convex]
At the start of battle, give yourself the [Status abnormality blocking] effect for 1 turn.

Talents

Prioritize attack bonuses and damage boosts, along with critical damage. His gear should primarily focus on attack stats, aiming for sets that enhance attack speed and crit damage or rate. A mix of attack percentage, flat attack, crit stats, and crit resistance in sub-stats would be ideal. Achieving a minimum of 70-80% crit damage, especially late-game with accessories, is recommended.

Team Composition

Team composition-wise, AA pairs well with units like Charlotte and Finral, along with a support character like Sally for attack buffs. This setup synergizes with AA's strengths, allowing for multiple extra turns and taking advantage of his single-target prowess. Additionally, characters like William make an excellent pairing due to their attack increase synergies.

Conclusion

In conclusion, AA remains a formidable unit until Season 4 and proves relevant for at least three seasons, which is quite impressive. Investing in him and optimizing his abilities and gear can yield exceptional results."

Dirk
Dirk

Dirk is a devoted stay-at-home dad. His days are filled with the joyful chaos of raising two amazing sons. When he's not in full dad mode, you often find him diving into the world of video games, where he can escape into fantastic adventures and challenges.

Articles: 114