Constant updates for Palworld Early Access on Steam and Xbox Game Preview are being released, and a massive new patch has recently been released to fix major and other various issues. Today, we're going through the entire patch notes to see what's happening - Steam patch version 0.1.4.0 and Xbox patch version 0.1.1.3. The Steam version has already been released, and the Xbox version will be released as soon as it's ready.
It's awesome to hear that the developers are on top of things, prioritizing bug fixes and game improvements based on our feedback. Super reassuring!
I'm happy to see fixes rolling in for crashes, capturing Pals with low HP, and those charge attack glitches. I dealt with my fair share of crashes, so it's a relief to know the devs are on the case.
There are still some ongoing challenges but the developers are acknowledging server-related data loading issues and promise they're looking for permanent solutions.
Big thumbs up for the key configuration enhancements – supporting mouse side keys and newer keypads? That's the kind of stuff I want to hear!
I've run into issues with double damage on dedicated servers and co-op online play. It's good to see the developers addressing movement speed tweaks and exceeding weight limits.
They are also fixing the dismounting problems, Pal capture glitches, armor equipment hiccups, and camera adjustments for better visibility.
Base problems, like manual assignments, stuck paths, and Pal behaviors, are getting fixed also. I feel the frustration with unintended base destruction due to fire and accidental rocket launcher incidents – been there! I can finally use my huge pals for transporting stuff since they won't get stuck anymore.
To wrap it up, I'm genuinely pumped about this latest patch. It's clear the developers are listening to us players and going all out to level up our gaming experience. Can't wait to dive in and see these improvements firsthand in Palworld.
Check out the full list of changes below!
- Fixed an issue where the game would crash under certain conditions
- Fixed an issue where if another player's pal/base pal had HP 30% or less, it could be captured by using a sphere.
- Fixed an issue where enemy pals would get stuck in walls due to charge attacks.
- Implemented the first fix for an issue where the game would always crash and save data would be corrupted when the guild's total number of pals captured reached around 7000.
*The game no longer crashes even if the total number of captured objects exceeds 7000.
However, save data that has already been in this state (in the case of a server, the server's world data) prior to this update will still be unable to load.
We are continuing to work on fixing this issue permanently.
- Added support for mouse side keys and numeric keypad in keyboard key configuration.
*Further improvements are currently planned, such as support for interact key configuration.
- Fixed an issue where players on dedicated servers and co-op (online) were receiving damage twice.
- Specifications have been changed so that you can move at extremely low speed even when you have exceeded the weight limit.
- Players will no longer pass through walls when dismounting.
- Fixed an issue where capture power strengthened by Lifmunk Effigies was reset when using memory reset drugs.
- Fixed an issue where armor could be equipped in the wrong slot.
- Adjusted camera positions of several Pals to make it easier to see when mounted.
- Specifications have been changed so that Pals who are manually assigned to a breeding farm will not become hungry and their manual assignments will not be removed.
- The key to lift Pals has been changed from F → V (Pad: X → Y) in order to prevent accidents.
- Reduced the speed and range of fire spreading on wooden buildings.
- Fixed an issue where manual work assignments could not be set at all under certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where extremely high-level Relaxaurus would attack the base during raids.
- Added several measures to prevent base Pals from getting stuck.
- Fixed an issue where Pals would get stuck while transporting items and would drop them on the spot.
- Fixed an issue where Pals at the base would continue to cut down trees that were already cut.
- Fixed an issue where Pals at the base were on the verge of death due to unexplained falling damage.
- Fixed an issue where Pals at the base would float under some conditions.
- Fixed an issue where if a farm was built on the second floor or above, work pals would be unable to move on the floors below.
- Corrected incorrect text
- Measures have been added to prevent cheating and stealing other players' Pals.
- Many other minor fixes such as the addition of a UI key guide.
We will continue development placing top priority on fixing major problems and issues.
Thank you for your continued support of Palworld.